What is accepted at the Household Waste Recycling Centre
Please help us to recycle our county’s waste efficiently by separating your materials into the following waste streams:-
- Household Appliances – TV’s, Microwaves, Fridges, Washing Machines etc…..
- Batteries – Cars and general
- Blue Bags *See Below – scroll down
- Black bags * See directly Below
- Bulky Waste – Sofas, Divan beds etc…
- Clothes ( Textiles)
- Garden Waste
- Glass Bottles
- Glass – Plate glass
- Oils Motor and cooking accepted separately
- Plasterboard ( MAX 3 bags per month)
Additional disposal will be charged.
All asbestos disposal is recorded and proof of address is required with each visit to the HWRC.
They are collected for reuse where possible.
They are collected for reuse where possible
They are collected for reuse
Through monitoring and controlling disposal at HWRC’s we are able to provide a service which ensures you do not pay inappropriate household rates for waste disposal. Part of our monitoring procedures may include you being requested to complete a ‘Disclaimer’ form.
You will be required to provide two proofs of identification.
Safety Regulations & Commercial Restrictions
To enable us to keep YOU and our staff safe on our sites we ask that you follow our site rules:
- Adhere to the site speed limit – 5MPH and obey all traffic signs.
- Follow the one way traffic management system, do not reverse into the flow of the traffic.
- Keep to pedestrian walkways where applicable
- Children must remain in vehicles
- Smoking is not permitted anywhere on site.
- Unacceptable Behavior – Abuse and intimidation of our staff will not be tolerated, full police action will be taken.
- All our sites have CCTV cameras in operation to protect our staff and the public.
Please also note that our HWRC’s are for domestic waste only and as such, the following vehicles are not permitted.
- No Commercial Waste/Traders
- No Horse boxes
- No Large Vans over 3.5t
- No Large drive on Trailers
Paper/ Newspapers – Place all your papers/ magazines into the blue bag, including shredded paper, straight into the bag.
Cardboard Boxes – Flat pack to reduce bulkiness and leave next to your blue bag
Cereal Boxes – Place this in your blue bag along with the other recyclables
Plastic Containers, Bottles, Yogurt Cartons etc – Make sure that all plastics are rinsed clean, with the plastic lids attached.
Cans – Both Steel and aluminum cans should be rinsed clean, you can leave the labels on them
Aluminum Foil and Trays – These can be included within the blue bag, please ensure all food residue is removed.
Aerosols – yes but they MUST be completely empty.
Crisp Packets/ Biscuit Wrapping etc – These can be placed into the blue bag, please ensure there is no food residue
Food Waste – put this on your compost heap
Electrical/Batteries – due to Health & Safety these should be brought to the centre personally
Glass – due to Health & Safety this should be brought to the centre personally
Pots and Pans
Pet Food Pouches – Please place all your pet food pouches in the black bag.
Please take the above items to your nearest Household Waste Recycling Centre, where it can be recycled.
Tips for Recycling
Help us to recycle as much as possible in the most efficient way.
Please fill your blue bags as much as possible
Ensure all the recyclable waste is clean and dry
Please don’t double bag items (e.g.Placing items such as shredded paper inside a carrier bag and then into a blue bag)
Thank you for your help