We operate four Household Waste Recycling Centres within Carmarthenshire, contact details for each center are opposite. There are no additional fee for Carmarthenshire Householders, as we are funded through part of your domestic rates.
Our centers accept a wide range of household waste and we are committed to segregating and recycling as much of this material as possible. You can help us to achieve this by segregating your waste in to the appropriate material streams prior to arriving on our sites.
All four of our centers are open 7 days a week!
Summer Time: 1st April to 30th September
8.30 am – 7pm
Winter Time: 1st October to 31st March
8.30 am – 5pm
Please Note: Sites are closed on Christmas Day, Boxing Day and New Years Day.
Bags of our locally produced Merlin’s Magic Compost can be collected from any of our Household Waste & Recycling Centers in the county.
Merlin’s Magic Original Compost
Merlin’s Magic Green Organic Compost
Opening time for bulk collection:Monday to Friday 08.30 to 15.30
Nant y Caws HWRC
Nantycaws Household Waste Recycling Centre
Address : Llandarog Road, Nantycaws, Carmarthenshire SA32 8BG
Tel : 01267 275536
Trostre Household Waste Recycling Centre
Address : Trostre Industrial Estate, Llanelli, Carmarthenshire SA14 9UU
Tel : 01554 777328
Wern Ddu Household Waste Recycling Centre
Address : Wern-Ddu Rd, Ammanford, Carmarthenshire SA18
Tel : 01269 851020
Whitland Household Waste Recycling Centre
Address : Mart Site, Whitland, Carmarthenshire SA34 0AE
Tel : 0781 3941205
To enable us to keep YOU and our staff safe on our sites we ask that you follow our site rules:
- Adhere to the site speed limit – 5MPH and obey all traffic signs.
- Follow the one way traffic management system, do not reverse into the flow of the traffic.
- Keep to pedestrian walkways where applicable
- Children must remain in vehicles
- Smoking is not permitted anywhere on site.
- Unacceptable Behavior – Abuse and intimidation of our staff will not be tolerated, full police action will be taken.
- All our sites have CCTV cameras in operation to protect our staff and the public.
Please also note that our HWRC’s are for domestic waste only and as such, the following vehicles are not permitted.
- No Commercial Waste/Traders
- No Horse boxes
- No Large Vans over 3.5t
- No Large drive on Trailers