What is accepted at the Household Waste Recycling Centre
Please help us to recycle our county’s waste efficiently by separating your materials into the following waste streams:-
- Household Appliances – TV’s, Microwaves, Fridges, Washing Machines etc…..
- Batteries – Cars and general
- Blue Bags *See Below – scroll down
- Black bags * See directly Below
- Bulky Waste – Sofas, Divan beds etc…
- Clothes ( Textiles)
- Garden Waste
- Glass Bottles
- Glass – Plate glass
- Oils Motor and cooking accepted separately
- Plasterboard ( MAX 3 bags per month)
*Black Bags – Should only contain materials NOT listed in the above, with the exception of small amounts of kitchen waste. Bags are subject to inspection upon arrival to site by our recycling advisors to ensure maximum recovery of recyclable materials.
The following items are accepted at all sites but attract a small charge:
- Carmarthenshire householders are entitled to dispose of 3 double wrapped black bags of asbestos per year.
- Additional disposal will be charged.
- All asbestos disposal is recorded and proof of address is required with each vis
- Gas bottles are accepted for a small charge.
- They are collected for reuse where possible.
- Fire extinguishers are accepted for a small charge.
- They are collected for reuse where possible
- Tyres may be disposed at all sites for a small charge.
- They are collected for reuse.
“Through monitoring and controlling material acceptance at the HWRC’s, we are able to provide a service which ensures that householders do not incur costs for waste arising outside of Carmarthenshire. Part of our monitoring procedures include Carmarthenshire Residency Checks prior to entering our sites.
Checks will be carried out periodically. All site users must be able to demonstrate that they are a resident of Carmarthenshire. To do this, you must have one of the following documents available when you visit the sites:
*Council tax Bill
*A utility bill (no older than 3 months old)
Failure to provide proof of Carmarthenshire residency may result in you being refused entry to our sites.
Safety Regulations and Commercial Restrictions
To enable us to keep you and our staff safe, we ask that you follow our site rules.
- Adhere to the site speed limit - 5MPH and obey all traffic signs.
- Follow the one way traffic management system, do not reverse into the flow of the traffic.
- Keep to pedestrian walkways where applicable.
- Children must remain in vehicles
- Smoking is not permitted anywhere on site.
- Unacceptable Behavior - Abuse and intimidation of our staff will not be tolerated, full police action will be taken.
- All our sites have CCTV cameras in operation to protect our staff and the public.
Vehicles not allowed to use our HWRC’s:
- Flatbed, Tipper and Dropside vehicles
- Cage vehicles
- Van/pick up/car type van towing a trailer
- Trailers with more than one axle
- Horseboxes or agricultural vehicles
- Large vans including the box van
Please note that our HWRC’s are for domestic waste only. Commercial waste can be disposed of at Nantycaws Transfer Station, charges for disposal apply
What can be put into the blue bag?
Information for Kerbside collection which is also acceptable at the HWRC’s
- Paper/ Newspapers – Place all your papers/ magazines into the blue bag, including shredded paper, straight into the bag.
- Cardboard Boxes – Flatpack to reduce bulkiness and leave next to your blue bag.
- Cereal Boxes – Place this in your blue bag along with the other recyclables.
- Plastic Containers, Bottles, Yogurt Cartons etc – Make sure that all plastics are rinsed clean, with the plastic lids attached.
- Cans – Both Steel and aluminium cans should be rinsed clean, you can leave the labels on them
- Aluminum Foil and Trays – These can be included within the blue bag, please ensure all food residue is removed.
- Aerosols – yes but they MUST be completely empty.
- Crisp Packets/ Biscuit Wrapping etc – These can be placed into the blue bag, please ensure there is no food residue
- Food Waste – put this on your compost heap
- Electrical/Batteries – due to Health & Safety these should be brought to the centre personally
- Glass – due to Health & Safety this should be brought to the centre personally
- Garden Waste
- Pots and Pans
- Pet Food Pouches – Please place all your pet food pouches in the black bag.
Please take the above items to your nearest Household Waste Recycling Centre, where it can be recycled.
Tips for Recycling
- Help us to recycle as much as possible in the most efficient way.
- Please fill your blue bags as much as possible
- Ensure all the recyclable waste is clean and dry
- Please don’t double bag items (e.g.Placing items such as shredded paper inside a carrier bag and then into a blue bag)
Thank you for your help
Total Waste Management Solutions
Get in touch
Our friendly and helpful team are waiting to take your call or respond to your enquiry form and will be happy to advise on any queries you may have regarding Household or Commercial waste handling.