Job Vacancy MRF Manager
CWM Environmental is an innovative Company that cares about the environment. CWM ensures that it manages materials effectively by working with Local Authorities and the Commercial sector. At CWM, we are enthusiastic about our business and we welcome progressive individuals who will share our enthusiasm and contribute positively to the further success of the Company. We now wish to recruit for the following position:
The role is to manage the Materials Recycling Facility (MRF) Department and to ensure that CWM Environmental meet all obligations set out under relevant UK and EU Laws. To effectively manage all Department staff to ensure efficient and effective productivity at all times.
- Ensuring all targets are met within deadlines, without compromising safety or quality.
- To manage a team of MRF Supervisors to ensure standards and targets are achieved.
- Ensuring that all Company Policies are adhered to and communicating them to staff to ensure their understanding.
- Maintaining excellent people management skills to successfully manage the MRF Department.
- Liaising with other Department Managers as and when required.
- To ensure all required documentation is completed and processed as required by Company policies and procedures.
- Ensure MRF budgets are managed and all operations are within budget controls, this will include meeting KPIs set within the business.
- Effectively communicate to team member’s any business developments, procedures and company requirements.
- Ensure compliance and promoting the company health and safety culture at all times by understanding the company health and safety policy and ensuring that the arrangements detailed in it are implemented and maintained.
- Lead by example and display a positive attitude at all times.
- Ensure operational and financial efficiency of MRF Department.
- Ensure all staff understand and carry out their duties.
- Accurate records of equipment / vehicle maintenance are consistently recorded, reported and any anomalies investigated.
- Ensuring that any equipment / vehicle that fails is identified and maintained in line with company procedures.
- To ensure that all movement of material (internally or externally) is carried out in the most cost effective and efficient manner.
- To liaise with Transport Department regarding all external transport movements in line with the company requirements.
- To keep accurate records and to monitor fuel usage of Department machinery.
- Ensure all MRF staff are up to date on all mandatory and specific training.
- Review and manage current SSOW’s, making recommendations for improvement.
- Manage sickness absence within the Department effectively and conduct Return to Work Interviews with all staff on their return.
- Managing team performance and individual performance.
- Managing probationary review meetings for new starters.
- Ensure that staff comply with the Employee Handbook including Health and Safety.
- To investigate any incidences that occur within the Department and report them to the Health and Safety Manager and HR Manager.
- That all equipment settings adhere to company procedures.
- Liaise and work closely with the on-site recruitment agency to ensure ad-hoc staff requirement are met.
- Management experience.
- WAMITAB Level 4 Treatment and Transfer Non-Hazardous Wastes.
- Financial and Budget Management
- IOSH or NEBOSH Qualified to ensure high level of safety management.
- Excellent customer service skills.
- Ability to work to deadlines.
- Possessing strong organisational and problem-solving skills for planning activities and re-arranging quick response activities.
- Excellent people and communication skills - motivating, supportive & developmental skills to build a genuine team ethos.
- Must be able to deal with team/individual performance.
- Sense of urgency - make things happen/get results.
- Reliable and trustworthy
- Leadership (empowers others, motivates others)
- Results Orientation (Aware of targets and KPI’s)
- Communication (Interpersonal awareness, Interpersonal relations, Persuasive)
- Customer Service (Client focus)
- Teamwork (Conflict resolution)
- Problem Solving (Analytical thinking, creative thinking, forward thinking)
If you feel that you match the person specification and have the appropriate skills and competencies required, please forward a completed job application form (available at request from Michelle Ashley) along with a covering letter and send it via email to email@example.com or you can post the documents for the attention of Michelle Ashley, HR Manager CWM Environmental, MRF Unit, Cillefwr Industrial Estate, Alltycnap Road, Johnstown, Carmarthenshire, SA31 3RA.
Closing date for receipt of applications: 23rd June 2020
In accordance with Home Office legislation all applicants will be required to provide proof that they are legally entitled to work in the UK and do not require a work permit (to be provided at interview stage).
Total Waste Management Solutions
Get in touch
Our friendly and helpful team are waiting to take your call or respond to your enquiry form and will be happy to advise on any queries you may have regarding Household or Commercial waste handling.