HWRC Supervisor Vacancy
We are currently looking to recruit a HWRC Supervisor to work in the HWRC Department, Supervising all sites throughout Carmarthenshire.
The role is to assist the department manager on the day-to-day operations of the HWRC & TS Department, in accordance with Company requirements and to ensure that Departmental targets are achieved. To effectively supervise the four HWRC sites and staff within those sites to ensure efficient and effective productivity at all times, whilst adhering to the strict legislative compliance.
- Contributing to the achievement of targets through supporting the department manager, without compromising quality or control of costs.
- Ensuring that all Company Policies are adhered to and communicating them to staff to ensure their understanding.
- Maintaining excellent people management skills to successfully supervise the Department with the highest safety disciplines.
- Liaising with other Department Managers and ensuring all matters are dealt with in the correct way.
- To ensure all required documentation is completed and processed as required by Company policies and procedures.
- Effectively communicate to team member’s business developments, procedures and requirements and ensure they are clearly understood.
- Responsible for promoting the company health and safety culture at all times by understanding the company health and safety policy and ensuring that the arrangements detailed in it are adhered to by the HWRC staff.
- Ensure the compliance to all company health and safety procedures.
- Lead by example and display a positive attitude at all times.
- To ensure the health, safety and welfare of operatives and visitors to the sites by applying the appropriate company rules, regulations and operational procedures at all times.
- To support the department manager in ensuring that the daily operations conform to the site licence, working plan, environment management systems and relevant legislation.
- To ensure all Household Waste Recycling Centre’s operate to maximise recovery of materials.
- To ensure daily checks of all vehicles and plant is undertaken and to organise repair and maintenance when required.
- To support the department manager on updating and organising the staff rota for the Household Waste Recycling Centre’s and to source agency staff when required.
- To ensure accurate records of equipment / vehicle maintenance are consistently recorded, reported and any anomalies investigated and communicated to the department manager.
- Ensuring that any equipment / vehicle that fails is identified and maintained in line with company procedures.
- Assist with the management of sickness absence within the department effectively and conduct Return to Work Interviews with all staff on their return.
- Supervising team performance and individual performance.
- Assisting with feedback for probationary review meetings for new starters.
- Ensure that staff comply with the Employee Handbook including Health and Safety.
- To investigate any incidences that occur within the Department and report them to the department manager, Health and Safety Manager and HR Manager.
- Leadership experience.
- Understanding the importance of Health and Safety Discipline within the Department.
- Excellent customer service, people and communication skills.
- Understanding of in-house systems and procedures.
- Ability to work to deadlines.
- Strong organisational and problem-solving skills for planning activities and re-arranging quick response activities.
- Speed, accuracy and attention to detail.
- Team development - motivating, supportive & developmental skills to build a genuine team ethos.
- Ability to deal with team/individual performance.
Full training will be given for these roles to include manual handling, and health and safety.
If you feel that you have the appropriate skills and competencies required, please forward a completed CWM Environmental job application form (available from the HR Manager) along with a covering letter and send it via email for the attention of Michelle Ashley, HR Manager to firstname.lastname@example.org or you can post the documents to CWM Environmental, Nantycaws Recycling Centre, Llanddarog Road, Nantycaws, Carmarthenshire, SA32 8BG
Total Waste Management Solutions
Get in touch
Our friendly and helpful team are waiting to take your call or respond to your enquiry form and will be happy to advise on any queries you may have regarding Household or Commercial waste handling.