CWM Environmental operate two Materials Recycling Facilities (MRF) within Carmarthenshire. These are the backbone of the recycling facilities for the county and service all residential as well as commercial customers waste.
We have the capacity if required to operate 24 hours a day 7 days a week to keep on top of the county’s waste needs.
Our state of the art facilities utilise both mechanical and physical separation techniques for an efficient and cost-effective process. This leaves us with several clean streams of recycling. These being cardboard, Paper, metals, and plastics.
Our objective is to recycle as much material as possible that enter our facilities to reduce the overall waste sent to landfill.
Why Do We Recycle?
We recycle to reduce the amount of waste that ends up in the landfill. We should re-use where possible those items that when buried in a landfill will be wasted forever.
The majority of manufactured items are produced from an organic source, recycling this material will enable raw products such as trees, oil, ore, iron, bauxites, sand plus many other smaller parts/trace elements not to be used to exhaustion.
What Can We Recycle?
Many things can be Recycled, Recovered or Re-used. The main materials are:
- Paper which is turned back into paper for the newspaper industry.
- Cardboard is turned back into carboard.
- Steel Cans are melted down and can be remolded back into steel cans.
- Aluminum Cans are melted down and can be processed back into Aluminum products.
- Plastics can be re-processed to manufacture many things from plastic bottles, clothes, toys, car and aeroplane parts etc.
Total Waste Management Solutions
Get in touch
Our friendly and helpful team are waiting to take your call or respond to your enquiry form and will be happy to advise on any queries you may have regarding Household or Commercial waste handling.